19 March 2006

Gun prOn!

Been a bit since we posted any cool gun pics. I thought I'd take this opportunity to welcome the newest member of the Catfish family to the world.... drum roll please.....




As the Finance Minister has declared that our Home Defense Budget cannot sustain any growth this quarter in order to continue the entitlements our 4 legged constituants have come to expect, I had to part ways with my previous XD which was a "duty" model in 9mm. Heckuva nice gun! The new gun is a full size "tactical" model in .40 S&W.

Since I plan to make an assualt on the USPSA nationals this year, and again, the Finance Minister says no way in hell can I drop 4 grand on an Open gun like other esteemed members of this blog... I'll be shooting this "tactical" model in Production class at nationals....

In addition, I can shoot her in ESP in IDPA-land if I so choose, and make some nice powder puff loads that chrono about 132pf that should really piss off some of the mall ninjas; but hey, all I have to do to get back on their good side is point out that my slide actually says "Tactical" on it!!

Got the package deal that included the gun, two mags, a double mag pouch and a holster for about $435 at the Fort Worth gun show today. Picked up another coupla mags, and will need probalby two more; plus a few more mag pouches for Production - but I've got plenty of time to do that....

As soon as I can take her out to the range to make a range report, I'll let you all know how she shoots.

No comments: