04 October 2004

Dirty Hippies

I had a very pleasant drive home from Austin yesterday - I'll bet Washington, D.C. doesn't have that many Kerry bumperstickers.

In any event, just blocks from home on I-35, I came up on a Jeep driven by a kid about 25-30 years old, with a Kerry/Edwards sticker and another that said, "Forgive us Iraq, We Know Not What We Do." I must've been shaking my head in bemusement as I passed, because I riled up the dirty hippie driving the dirty Jeep.

He caught up to me, pulled up beside me, and gave me a dirty look. I was in a good mood, so I ignored him, and moved on. He caught up again, so I did what every voting American should do on election day: give the Democrats the finger.

5 comments:

catfish said...

what a doofus. I'm proud of your restraint, what's up with that???

Dan said...

Actually, I am a registered Democrat. The original Democrats had a vision of what a political party should be, unfortunately that has been perverted by the current leadership. It is certainly NOT a party of the "people". Look at the people that are chosen to lead it, Teddy Kennedy (where did I park my car), Hilary Clinton (can you say Whitewater) and of course John "The Marrying Man" Kerry (my widowed wife has more money than yours)

And exactly what about George Bush don't you agree with? So it was good to send troops into Somalia, but bad in Iraq. Good in Kosovo, but not in Afganistan. It was OK for Blow Job Bill to attack terrorist training camps that were empty, but bad for GW to destroy active camps.

I must be confused about this whole Democrat - Republican thing.

Unknown said...

No, it makes me a better person by avoiding conflict. It was the hated *spit* DEMOCRAT *spit* that pressed the issue and evidently wanted to provoke a confrontation. Had the *spit* DEMOCRAT *spit* any idea what sort of hurt awaited him, he'd never have pressed his pathetic issue.

By the way - you're from Canada. WTF? Go eat a beaver.

catfish said...

why is it that the libby, whiny, titty babies are so against labeling anyone based on how they look, how they act, how they dress, blah blah, blah? (yes, I know this after being forced to take a department wide cultural diversity class)

Maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive to what people say, think, or do, grow some balls, be a man, cowboy up, or just grow a backbone?? Not to mention that, but stereotypes don't come from nowhere. Hippies stink, are usually in dire need of a bath, a toothbrush, and are always of the liberal persuasion. Or is that somehow wrong of me to be so partisian??
toodles!

catfish said...

oh, yes, before I forget madame stupidbeautiful,
what is partisan about being right, being supported by the facts, and making decisions based on my thoughts and not my feelings?? IF that's partisan, then sign me up.