07 November 2004

Newsday.com: Man commits suicide at Ground Zero

Ooookay. You know, I'd have been pretty upset had Kerry won, but we live in a Democratic Republic, and my local, state, and federal representatives will still pay attention to my opinion. If it's not the prevailing opinion (not the majority, in other words), then I either get over it, or work for change.

Killing myself wouldn't solve anything, nor would it inspire others to action. It would just be a burden on my family, and serve as a bad example of how to solve problems. This person clearly suffered from some sort of mental illness, and I feel sorry for his family.

Killing yourself because your candidate (whom you've likely never even met) didn't win? Nah. Hammer down a few cold ones, get yourself a nice haircut, and get over it. Life really does go on.

No comments: