03 November 2007

And just when you thought

that all hope was lost in our society....

After posting on the poor little kid in the story below, I was not feeling too good about what our society has become.

So I go about my business on this lovely Saturday afternoon to the local Academy. I pull into the Academy parking lot, which it shares with a lot of other stores along the strip center. First of the big stores is a Toys R Us. There is a massive traffic jam. Cars not moving, people crowding all around the front of the store, it was a veritable parking lot and traffic was barely crawling along.

I'm getting pissed because I suspect some new Xbox or Playstation game being released causing all the problems. I get closer to the crowd and there standing in front of Toys R Us are two Marines.

They're in their dress blues. Looking SHARP. The traffic jam had ensued because everyone, and I mean, everyone who passed by these two Devil Dogs stopped to shake their hand, give them a hug or pat them on the back. Cars were stopping with people giving thumbs up and well wishes to the two young Marines.

I instantly gave thanks that I live in Texas, and can't help but believe that maybe there's hope for us after all.

No comments: