06 March 2006

Oscars: Second-Lowest Ratings Since '87

In my non-scientific case study of determining just why the Oscars continue to have declining ratings, I have this to say to the Hollywood elites:

You suck.

I can count on two hands, with fingers left over how many movies I went to last year. The only two that I can actually remember seeing are Star Wars and King Kong. I'm sick and tired of you trying to tell me that your freaked out view of the world is the way it really is and I'm sick and tired of you trying to force your warped values on me every time I go out for a night of entertainment. It was bad enough in the Lethal Weapon series to have anti-gun propoganda stuffed down my throat, but this year's gay film fest was trying to stuff something down there that just wasn't going to happen.

"Sunday's Academy Awards with Jon Stewart drew an average audience of 38.8
million viewers, according to figures from Nielsen Media Research. That's down
8% compared with last year's show hosted by Chris Rock, and the second-lowest
tally since 1987. (The lowest was 2003's ceremony, hosted by Steve Martin, that
was marred by the start of the Iraq war; an average of 33 million viewers tuned
in then). In the key adults aged 18-49 demographic, the Oscars did a 13.9
rating, also down 8% compared with last year."

And PS:

George Clooney, you're an idiot.

No comments: