28 September 2004

The New York Times > Washington > Campaign 2004 > No Assault Rifle for Kerry, After All

Uh huh. Riiiiight. Because admitting you had that would be against the law.

Whatever. That's not what bothers me. What bothers me is that John Kerry's idea of the type of firearm you can own is a hunting shotgun or an antique SKS bolt-action rifle. What bothers me is that he has actively worked to ban all other types of firearms in this country. As an elitist Democrat, he clearly knows how I should live my life, and clearly knows better than I do how to live it. He is not above legislating that attitude.

This is a supporter of the Second Amendment, the friend of hunters and sportsmen? Don't you believe a word of it. If you do, your guns will be gone in a heartbeat. All of them except your antique rifles and shotguns. Maybe.

No comments: