27 July 2006

Spammers

I hate spammers. I hate their every incarnation. Today, I'm hating one in particular, because he's invaded one of our Yahoo Groups to advertise his world-record attempts. What's he attempting, you ask? Hot-dog eating? High-jumps? Having 70 virgins slap his ass non-stop for 12 hours? No.
Now i am preparing for next world record of 101 hours marathon typing on a computer on 10 august 2006 in lal bahadur indoor stadium.
Seriously, who gives a red monkey butt about that? He's that kid who goes to jump off the diving board and screams, "hey, MOM! Lookit ME! Lookit ME, MOM!!," until everyone in the pool yells at the mother to "LOOK at him, before we all KILL him!" He's not even trying to sell me anything (oh, wait - need to buy some insurance?), but he's asking me to validate his paper-rocket-making, marathon-typing life?

And don't get me started on all the other email spam I get. Apparently, it's no longer enough to get English-language crap, but now I'm getting Spanish, Russian, and Thai(!) spam, written in the native gibberish that I've no desire to even attempt to decipher. If I need Vietnamese-produced bird-flu anti-viral medicine, guess what? I'll go to my doctor and ask for LEGAL drugs. Here's an example from an email I got today:
* єШ¤¤Е·СиЗд» ¤иТНєГБ 2,950 єТ·
* КБТЄФЎ Zolito Coffee Club ¤иТНєГБ 2,650 єТ·
К№гЁКНє¶ТБўйНБЩЕаѕФиБаµФБдґй·ХиЛБТВаЕў 02-715-0801-3 ЛГЧН
Info www.zolito.com
Coffee Club?

The death penalty for spammers. Make it so.

No comments: