28 January 2006

Range Report


Woke up at the crack of dawn this morning to go shooting in Wichita Falls. Given the radar map, wouldn't you think there'd be a match?

You'd think wrong.

So, instead of a range report, here's a review of the IHOP restaurant on Swisher Road and I-35.

Catfish and The Girl ordered some scrambled-egg, burrito-lookin' behemoth stuffed with meat, cheese, beans, animal entrails, bug parts, and probably some floor sweepings. My breakfast partners were also served 3 pancakes each with their egg castles. I can honestly say that I've never seen so much food served for a single meal to a single person. I asked the waitress if anyone actually ate all that, and she said "yes." She looked like she knew of what she spoke. My friends (much to their credit) did not attempt to duplicate this feat. However, Catfish did get a doggy bag.

I had migas. No tortilla strips in the migas, way too much cheese, and a wee bit overboard on the jalapenos. I will give it 2 thumbs up for indigestion, though. Gas factor: high.

Overall, it was a very clean restaurant, with a very friendly staff, and full of large, sweaty patrons who apparently like bacon, cheese, and gravy.

I give it 2 stars.

My restaurant rating system is based on how long it takes before you have to go to the bathroom after eating there:
* - next morning
** - within the same day
*** - within 2 hours
**** - before you leave the restaurant
***** - Why do you think they call them Depends?

No comments: