13 November 2005

Guns- Good, Winning Guns- AWESOME!


While visiting the In-Laws out in East Texas this weekend, we went to the Bradford Volunteer Fire Department's benifit BBQ. They were serving all you can eat BBQ for $7 a person, holding an auction of donated items, and they were raffling a Winchester 94 Ranger rifle. The 94 happened to be the same model as my very first rifle. From the long list of guns that I have bought and sold over the years I regret selling only two. The 94 and my first pistol, a Smith and Wesson 686. It took me all of about a second to get my wallet out and purchase 6 tickets for $5. Later, I was standing outside the roll up door looking at the VFD's new fire truck with my 5 year old when I hear my name called over the loud speaker, followed by a very loud "WOO HOO" from my better half who was inside. This is the second gun I have won this year. The first one was a CZ 75 I won at the Arkansas Sectional USPSA match. Nothing beats winning a gun.

No comments: