11 July 2005

Liberalism today

Was listening to Hannity while washing the car today. Sean had a liberal author, Juliana _________, who just about made me want to jump through the radio waves and just choke her to death. Among other topics:

1. The chickens have come home to roost, as the United States is now getting paid back for 200 years of repression - against the American Indians and slaves; therefore, we deserve whatever the terrorists throw at us
2. American is not a "good" country - Hannity asked this lady the question "is America a good country?" Her silence was overwhelming
3. America is not fighting a just war
4. Bush is evil and out of control

There was more, but frankly I was so pissed off after listening to this buffoon speak that I was losing my ability to think rationally. I do not know how people like this can even wake up and get out of bed each morning in the United States of America and look at the world in the distorted way they do.

America (and the west in general) is not just fighting a war against the islamofascists. We are also fighting a fifth column that is working very hard to destroy us from within. I have no doubts that without the blogosphere and talk radio that we would indeed be back home with our tail between our legs already.

It makes me wonder what would have happened in WWII during battles like at the Bulge where 80,000 Americans were killed, wounded, or captured all in a matter of a few months. The Washington Post, the NYT and Dan Rather would have been running for cover, and the sky would have been falling indeed.

I still would like very much to smash this stupid woman's face in, but I'm getting over it.

No comments: