03 December 2004

The Girl's New Carbine


The Girl's not one to brag, but this is her new toy. Catfish and Pimp Daddy helped her pick out a good one at Market Hall this last weekend. Rock River 16" M4 CAR. Birdcage flash hider, nice grip, collapsible stock, flip-up rear site. Got an excellent deal on it, too.

Catfish swapped me his old M4 upper for my AR, which is similarly configured to The Girl's, but I've got a red dot sight on my flat-top, and a vortex flash hider.

Me and The Girl took a few minutes before Wednesday's IDPA match at TargetMaster (while Catfish set up the match - ha ha) to sight 'em in and just play with them. The trigger on her AR is sweeeeet, and the sights required NO adjustment. I had to dial in my red dot a little, but after that it was fun and games. The flash hiders do an excellent job of keeping muzzle flash out of the sight picture, which is otherwise a real bother in a dark indoor range.

Are you jealous yet?

No comments: