26 January 2009

A nation of

pussies. Clint Eastwood, in a recent interview, stated that.

We live in more of a pussy generation now, where everybody's become used to saying, "Well, how do we handle it psychologically?" In those days, you just punched the bully back and duked it out. Even if the guy was older and could push you around, at least you were respected for fighting back, and you'd be left alone from then on.
Well, proving Eastwood right, a local girls basketball coach, whose team won 100-0 recently, got fired.

Back when I was a kid, the coach who lost 100-0 would have been fired for being an incompetent idiot. The team would have been broken up, starters benched and the school would be doing everything it could to make sure that kind of ass whipping wouldn't happen again.

But not in today's society where winning is to be punished and losing is to be idolized. It's not the job of the winning team to back off. It's the job of the losing team to stop them. Plain and simple. This "pussy" behavior has polluted our society to the extent that the vast bulk of our fellow citizens are sheep, afraid of their own shadow. A number of these characters walk the halls of Congress, staying with the herd and hoping that the predators don't find them.

It's disgusting, it really is. What lessons are we teaching when we fire the winning coach; and the losing team, and how they handled the stress of losing is the story du jur?

I remember many moons ago sitting in one of my classes at college that was supposed to be teaching me how to teach kids. The teacher was going on and on about making games for your class.

You must be careful when you create a game. You must take steps to create a game where there are not any winners. Because where there are winners, there are losers. And children cannot handle the stress of losing without serious emotional consequences.
I will remember those words until the day I die because I think that was the first day that I realized that I was a conservative. The first day that I realized the jibber jabber that I was learning in school was just that. Crap.

20 something years later, that nutjub of a teacher is getting her way, and it makes me want to puke.

No comments: