31 January 2009

Springsteen calls Wal-Mart deal a mistake

Continuing a theme of suck ass halftime shows, this year's halftime sing-in is by what has to be one of the worst "big names" I've ever heard in my life.

It's completely insane to me that Springsteen is as popular as he is, for as long as he's been popular. I think the guy sucks. Bad. In my entire life, I can't remember being able to listen to one complete song of his at any time, even when I've been drunk.

During the half time at the Super Bowl party over at Sgt. Dave's, you can rest assured that we're leaving the house and going outside to partake in some cigars and bourbon, 'cause we're sure as hell not going to sit inside and listen to some left wing, pompous piece of crap like Bruce Springsteen.

And now that Bruce has surely made millions off his deal with Wal-Mart, he's bashing that deal, according to the article, because he's a "long time supporter of worker's rights and Wal-Mart has faced criticism for its labor practices."

Is that called having your cake and eating it too? I wonder if Bruce will be sending the money back?

Regardless, just another arrogant, pompous entertainer who I won't be supporting - not just because of his idiotic political views, but also because his music sucks.

No comments: