07 November 2008

What the....??

I have been inclined to sit back and see what Obama does as President before I start heading for the hills.... But I have to admit - I saw this picture of his first presser and couldn't believe my eyes:



You'll note, of course, the seal on the podium. It says "The office of the President Elect".

There's one little problem here, dear readers. And that is, there ain't no such office as created by the law of the land, that is, the United States Constitution! So we have the President Elect - with no Constitutionally mandated authority until he is sworn in - holding a presser, announcing the creation of a new official office, and then telling Congress that he wants them to pass his economic stimulus package before he takes office!

That is taking egomania to an entirely new level, my friends; and it is shaping up to be a very long 4 years.

No comments: