20 October 2008

Hunters and Shooters Give the NRA an "F" | American Hunters and Shooters Association

The American Hunters and Shooters Association has recently come to my attention. I read the article I've linked to in the title, and responded with a comment. It's interesting to note that none of the articles I've seen on the site have any comments. When I submitted mine, I got this:
Your comment has been queued for moderation by site administrators and will be published after approval.
I'm holding my breath. And my feedback for this pack of liars? Let's just say that I expressed to them that I remained unconvinced that Barack Obama has the best interest of gun owners at heart. Here's their stance on the Second Amendment:
Under the Constitution and laws of the United States, gun ownership is a protected right. But it is a right that when exercised requires the utmost in responsibility and vigilance.

In formulating AHSA legislative policy the AHSA Board of Directors will always weigh the common sense interest of hunters and shooters against basic safety and security interests of our community at large. In this way a rational, well thought out approach to firearms policy will be developed and promoted.
Hmmm. "Common sense" gun laws. Where EVER have I heard THAT before? Moreover, they want to ban the .50 BMG "sniper" rifle (their words, not mine), give the FBI access to NICS, and close the "gun show loophole."

But they're pro-gun. Riiiight. They're completely anti-NRA (whom I hold little allegiance to, but at least they're mostly honest with their protection of gun rights), and spend too much time trying to discredit them. Hmm. One of the most powerful pro-gun lobbies in Washington is a bad guy? It's almost like the Brady Campaign isn't even trying to hide their motives anymore.

It walks and talks like a duck, folks. Quick, better shoot it!

No comments: