17 August 2006

Another false alarm?

A few days ago, we talked about the Brits considering profiling of arabs in the ongoing war on terror.

Sadly, it doesn't appear to be the case here in the US. Don't know if you heard or not, but there was a scare at a West Virginia airport today when two bottles of some sort of liquid (didn't think you could carry liquid on a plane now??) set off the bomb sniffing dog. And, oh yeah, she's from Pakistan. However, never fear, the PC cops are here!!

In response to reporters’ questions, McKinley confirmed the woman was of Middle Eastern descent. She said the woman was not treated any differently because of her nationality.

That's a damn shame. I'll keep yelling it as loud as I can, but until we stop worrying about putting people's feelings in front of our country's national security, we're screwed.

And oh yeah, if it was me, and I was trying to blow stuff up, I do believe I'd have a lot of dry runs before hand to see just what the response was going to be. But that's just me.

No comments: