03 June 2006

Judge: It's Unconstitutional To Make Students Stand For Pledge

Wow, and people wonder why teachers are quitting the industry in droves? I can tell you this - it's why I'm not a teacher, and I actually went to college with every intention to get a job teaching when I got out...

"Cameron Frazier, then a 17-year-old junior, was told by teacher Cynthia Alexandre that he was "so ungrateful and so un-American" after he twice refused to stand for the pledge in her classroom Nov. 8, the lawsuit said."

Sounds to me like the teacher was doing a damn good job. Too bad the days of taking young Cameron outside to have his ass whipped are long gone.

And again, our dear friends in the ACLU continue to take steps to destroy this country.

Show some freaking respect people. We've got men and women fighting and dying right now for your right to stand up and recite the pledge every morning. The least you could do is honor their sacrifice by pledging your allegiance to the country that allows you to be such a dumbass.

And please, repeat after me, with feeling!

I pledge allegiance
to the Flag of the United States of America,
And to the Republic for which it stands:
One Nation Under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

No comments: