23 November 2005

AlterNet: No Thanks to Thanksgiving

Hat tip to Darth Monkeybone

Holy crap. What a bunch of whiny, wheedling pansies. First the author, then all the sycophantic lick-spittles chiming in with how horrible European-Americans are for displacing Native Americans. Indigenous peoples all over the planet have been supplanted by technologically superior civilizations, particularly in geographically desirable locations for millenia. I'm not saying it's right or taking a morally superior position - that's just the way it has been throughout human history. Spaniards came to Central America, and brought horses, guns, and smallpox. They brought home gold and syphilis. Guess who emerged as the dominant society? Right, wrong, moral, immoral, or just simple social darwinism? This is the way civilization has advanced throughout history, and people study it in such disciplines as anthropology, sociology, and history. Heck, you can even play simulation video games that are object lessons on the topic. That's just the way it was. Now I'm supposed to feel bad about it, and teach my children how horrible the white man is?

"White supremacist holiday?"
Simply put: Thanksgiving is the day when the dominant white culture (and, sadly, most of the rest of the non-white but non-indigenous population) celebrates the beginning of a genocide that was, in fact, blessed by the men we hold up as our heroic founding fathers.
Speaking as a minority (I'm a white guy in Texas), you might want to take a look around. There will soon come a day when the inhabitants of this country will study their history, and marvel that the population of the USA was mostly white. Am I concerned about that? Not one bit - that's just the way it is. The author of this article is, of course, a professor at UT (Beijing on the Colorado), where he apparently teaches white kids to hate themselves and their heritage.

One of the replies to this article cracked me up, and pretty much sums up my sentiment, too:
How could you continue to live in such a country?

If I believed as you do, I would have emmigrated. Any chance I could convince you to do so? Are you compelled to stay in a country founded by people you accuse of genocide? By staying and enjoying the benefits of their genocide are you not an accomplice after the fact? I know you don't believe what you claim. If you were sincere, you would give any land you own to the descendants of native Americans and move away. The only atonement I commemorate is the solemn atonement of Jesus Christ for the sins of the world. This Thanksgiving, I will be shooting my assault weapons, enjoying a delicious meal, visiting my loved-ones, and saying prayers of thanks to my Father in heaven for the blessings of liberty.

May the Lord bless and keep you...far away from me.

Arty

No comments: