31 October 2005

A fatwa on football

Not American football, of course, but rather that sport that allows tie games and involves running up and down the field with almost no action most of the time. Anyhoo, this is pretty HI-larious. In an effort to eliminate frivilous fatwas, a Saudi paper published one. It's an interesting insight to the Muslim Arab mind, chock full of logical gems like this one:
6. Do not play in two halves. Rather, play in one half or three halves in order to completely differentiate yourselves from the heretics, the corrupted and the disobedient.
I don't know about you, but 3 halves of soccer is more than I can take.

Here's the gist of this fatwa: Don't do things like the West (or Israel), particularly the evil Americans. Instead do something stupid and illogical, rather than be like them.

This is the ideology that they would foist upon you and I. As for me, I'll remain an infidel, thanks very much.

No comments: