05 December 2009

Lego gun at work brings in the SWAT team

Oh dear God. At least this happened to our wonderful neighbors to the north but seriously people...
"I was surrounded by about six SWAT guys armed with shotguns and assault rifles," he said. "Once they confirmed I wasn't packing any Lego heat, I walked backwards towards them, was then cuffed, pulled into the stairwell and thrown against the wall."

While two members of the SWAT team kept Mr. Bell pressed against the wall, he explained that there was a Lego gun in pieces in his office. Sure enough, a few minutes later, an officer confirmed it.

"We found it ... it's Lego," Mr. Bell recalled the officer saying, as the police promptly uncuffed him.

It turns out police were tipped off by a neighbour whose apartment looks in on Mr. Bell's office. Police say a call came in shortly after 5:30 p.m. with the caller reporting that a man was sitting in his office with a gun on his desk and the door closed (Mr. Bell had been on an earlier conference call so had closed the door).

The last couple of sentences sum up a PC gone crazy world:

As for why he bought the toy gun in the first place, blame it on a love for Lego.

"I've always been a fan of Lego, so I decided to pick it up," Mr. Bell said. "I wish I had a decent reason for purchasing it, but I don't. For shame, I suppose."

No comments: