04 August 2009

How's that ole saying go??

Turnabout's fair play?

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying listening to the Democrats whine and complain that the protesters raiding town hall meetings are not spontaneous and are bused in, paid for by some megalithic corporation or whatever the excuse of the day is.

In Austin, Texas, Rep. Lloyd Doggett was drowned out by a group of noisy, sign-waving demonstrators who shouted, “Just say no” as he tried to talk about health care reform... In an e-mail to POLITICO Monday, Doggett called the group a “mob, sent by the local Republican and Libertarian parties” that “came not just to be heard but to deny others the right to be heard.”
As I posted way back when, in 2005 when I snuck behind enemy lines (sorry, that made me laugh) and inspected good ole Cindee Sheehan's protest camp at the Bush Crawford residence. The hippies I ran into were running a smooth, professional operation with porta potties, shuttle buses and professionally made posters and banners. All of which cost money, time and effort.

While the state run media is always happy to point out that a leftist demonstration is always spontaneous, they are not giving the same story about conservative demonstrations - if the state run media covers it at all. And as an aside, I could care less if the Republicans bused demonstrators in. As I pointed out at Camp Sheehan, conservatives could (and should) learn a thing or two from the hippies. After all, they have a 4 decade head start on protesting and it's about time they had a taste of their own medicine.

No comments: