11 July 2009

Classic old stuff


There's just something about a Single Action, mod 1873. This is a reproduction I picked up last week and there's just something magical about the way this wheelgun fits and sits in the hand. Classic.



I snapped this picture at the gunsmith shop in Old Salem, NC last month while I was there for a conference. I could have spent a ton more time with the two 'smiths talking guns, but there were a lot of interlopers there who didn't know the difference between a rifle and a shotgun and it would have been quite difficult to have a meaningful conversation. The 'smiths had a fantastic long rifle sitting on a table and after asking if I could pick it up, I was treated to the pleasure of a holding a piece of art that was not only beautiful to look at, but was well balanced and pointed naturally. I really wish I could have had the opportunity to put her through her paces but alas, it was not to be.

Classic. You can see a few more of these pics here if you're interested.

No comments: