26 April 2009

Some gun pRon

I mentioned way back when, in January, that I had purchased a new Springer XDM, in 40SW.

Well, I finally got around to upgrading it into a full on Limited pistol, suitable for USPSA competition and I must say that I really like it. I added a Dawson fiber optic front sight (which was a royal bitch to install; and don't even get me started on how hard the original front sight was to remove...), a pistol gear magwell, some new trigger springs (and removed some of the worthless gizmos inside the gun that added to the trigger pull) and some basepads on my mags.



I've been very pleased with the platform - I'm still getting used to the trigger a little bit and that will come with time. As you can see in the vid, the gun can be run very, very hard - this was the 4th or 5th drill we ran like this in a row and the gun was smoking hot to the touch. But it ran without a hiccup... and I only threw 2 C's - both on the first shot in transition to the next target.



Liked the platform enough that I fought the Market Hall gun show crowds yesterday with JR and picked up another XDM - to act as a backup gun for the first and an IDPA gun as well, since the existing magwell is too fat to sit properly in the infamous IDPA box....

No comments: