18 October 2006

School bans tag, other chase games

Sweet merciful crap. An elementary school has banned tag, touch football, and other sports at recess.
Recess is "a time when accidents can happen," said Willett Elementary School Principal Gaylene Heppe, who approved the ban.
Well, no shit, GAYlene. What kind of children are we raising? I remember almost killing myself when I tried to see how high the swing would go, then jumped out at the apogee, and had my fall broken by a small tree. You gonna tell kids they can't be stupid, can't have fun, can't knock each other down? I tell ya, it's the apocalypse.

Yes, this is the same township that wanted to ban dodgeball a few years ago. What a bunch of milk-drinking, cake-eating pansies. Before you know it, we'll have a nation of girly-men, but at least they'll have great self-esteem. Until they actually try to accomplish something on their own, that is.

No comments: