12 July 2006

Nation's Capital Declares Crime Emergency

Two groups of tourists were robbed at gunpoint on the National Mall, just hours after the police chief declared a crime emergency in the city in response to a string of violence that included the killing of a British activist.
But...but...
On Tuesday night, two women from Texas were robbed at gunpoint by two men dressed in all black, said U.S. Park Police Sgt. Scott Fear. About 15 minutes later, a family of four from Missouri was robbed by suspects with the same description, he said.
This can't be! Guns are illegal in Washington, D.C.! How can crime be increasing?
Robberies are up 14 percent, and armed assaults have jumped 18 percent in the past 30 days.
I guess I'm just not as smart as the politicians who banned guns in D.C. I know I'm just a common citizen, and I know they're elected officials that represent their constituency, but damned if I can see the sense in this whole situation.

No comments: