23 November 2004

CNN.com - Belgium: Bastogne recalls Battle of the Bulge - Nov 22, 2004

CNN.com - Belgium: Bastogne recalls Battle of the Bulge - Nov 22, 2004

I'm pretty sure I'll NEVER understand what these men went through during the Bulge. As the reporter says, I'm not sure ANYONE does. But I am very glad that they did. I'm also glad to see that the people of Bastone are not forgetting what they did.

I'm sure a movie will never come close to what it was like, although I thought Band of Brothers was fantastic, especially the Bastone episodes. These men should never have to pay taxes or pay for their own beer.

Just as I'm sure that our soldiers now fall into that same category. As we all settle into a nice wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and a day filled with family and football, I will be thinking of them. I hope everyone takes a moment to think about our Armed Forces over the holidays.

Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, Thank You!

And "Nut's".....

No comments: