01 June 2004

George Bush the Elder on Michael Moore

"I have total disdain for Moore ... It's a free country, so he's free to say whatever he wants. But I don't appreciate it. I don't like it."

--Former president GEORGE BUSH on MICHAEL MOORE and his film "Fahrenheit 9/11," which is critical of his son, President GEORGE W. BUSH, in the New York Daily News. The elder Bush also called Moore a "slimeball."

Pretty much sums it up for me, too. It's the irony of a truly free society. You can say whatever you like, even if it's a complete lie, and you're protected by the same Constitution that protects responsible members of society. Moore's an irresponsible, money-hungry hypocrite who's no better than the targets of his crockumentaries.

1 comment:

catfish said...

Moore's an idiot.
Oh yeah, I've already said that, but it just sounds so good.