15 September 2005

Bush Vows Aid for Storm-Struck Gulf Coast

You know, I love President Bush. When it comes to protecting the United States, I believe he is clearly a visionary.

However, I haven't been very thrilled with much of his domestic policy in the past, and I'm not really thrilled with the proposal to rebuild as reported here.

When will we learn that you cannot fix a problem simply by throwing money at it. When exactly did the war on poverty start? How much have we spent?

Rather than let the free market system dictate what was fixed, what was rebuilt, and when, our government is growing in massive leaps and bounds. Are we really sure that Republicans control the White House, Congress, and the Senate? They are acting as if FDR were in the White House, and not George W. Bush.

The sad thing on top of all this is that no matter what Bush does to ease the plight of poor folks who were hurt from the storm, it will never be enough for the leftists. He will never do anything up to their standards, and if he thinks this will end the criticism his administration has been enduring as of late, I believe they will be sadly mistaken.

And, frankly, this gives me the flat out willies:

"He also said a disaster on the scale of Katrina requires greater federal authority and a broader role for the armed forces."

I trust the Bush Administration to do the right thing and not abuse the potential power proposed here. If this were Bill Clinton's administration, I'd be in a full out panic - and there's always a chance that a leftist Democrat will get back into the White House and use the powers Bush has established to protect the American people to destroy those same people.

I really hope I'm just being paranoid.

No comments: