11 September 2005

Blacks fault lack of local leadership

The hurricane relief, or lack thereof, has been gnawing at me since the story first broke. At what point have we arrived when American citizens refuse to take care of themselves, and only cry out for the government to help them?

I heard a radio interview over the weekend with one of the evacuees in Houston, bitching that the $2000 debit card he received from FEMA wasn't enough, he needed at least $10,000 to feed his family. I had to wonder just how much the Astrodome was charging people to eat? I could understand his comments if he was paying full price for the usual fare to be found in the dome, but I do believe everything they are getting now is free. So just what this fellow was needing 10K to feed his kids for was somewhat mystifying to me. And sickening.

Now, this article in the Washington Times seems to have not quite made the rounds in the rest of the MSM. The sad thing is that if this minister was white, he'd be instantly labeled as a racist pig:

"The truth is, black people died not because of President Bush or racism, they died because of their unhealthy dependence on the government and the incompetence of Mayor Ray Nagin and Governor Kathleen Blanco...."

I have yet to see anything that disputes what this man said.

No comments: