10 May 2006

Ariz. Posse to Round Up Illegal Immigrants

Now this is what I call a pretty smart move. Since it's quite obvious the Federal government is going to do nothing to stop the flood of illegal immigrants into our country, the State of Arizona passed a law making it illegal to smuggle humans across the border.

The law made human smuggling a state crime in Arizona - it was already a federal crime - allowing local law enforcement agencies to arrest suspected smugglers. It was meant to crack down on smugglers, but under a disputed interpretation, County Attorney Andrew Thomas argues the law can be applied to the smuggled immigrants themselves.

Once again, Sheriff Joe Arpaio is making headlines:

"I'm going to catch as many as I can and throw them in my jail," said Sheriff Joe Arpaio. "And the jails are not that nice."

Why is it that a little Sheriff out in the desert gets it, but the fat cats of both parties in Washington don't?

As you would expect, some lousy, flea bit, slip and fall lawyer has threatened suit against the Sheriff, but the Sheriff's not backing down:

"I get sued when I go to the toilet. You think I'm worried about it?" he said. "If they think I'm going to slow down because of these threats, I've got news for them - I'm not going to slow down. I'll do more of it."

The whining is endless, with illegal - no - I mean, undocumented immigrant's rights groups stating that "every act like this contributes to the angst and anger and desperation in our community...." waaah waaaah waaaaaah. I suppose that our angst and anger that the horde of illegals crossing into our country creates doesn't mean anything, right?

I really don't give a shit, if it hurts the feelings of the illegal immigrant community and fortunately for the citizens of Maricopa County in Arizona, neither does the Sheriff. Now if only we could get something like this going here in Texas....

No comments: