08 March 2008

Tanfoglio EAA Witness Match - .40 S&W

Say hello to my new little friend. Pimp Daddy and I went to the Ft. Worth gun show today, and I brought my old Glock 35 along to see if anyone would actually pay $500 for it. I wasn't past the third table before I got 5 Ben Franklins for my trouble. Needless to say, I went from selling mode to shopping mode almost immediately (I know the female readers can relate, am I right?). I was thinking Springfield XD, S&W M&P, even CZ 85. But my buddy turned me on to this little beauty:
It was lust at first sight. This, my friends, is the Tanfoglio Witness Match in .40 S&W, resplendent with exactly ONE 15-round magazine and the very nifty case you see in these pics. Not only is it sexy, it turns out it's really practical.
This is a very popular gun in Europe, used by superstars like Henning Walgren and Eric Grauffel, two of the best shooters in the world. I visited Henning's website and learned a bit more about it, and also ordered a couple more magazines. Apparently, this is a pretty popular Limited gun. With a basepad extension, it looks like you can get as many as 22 rounds in a magazine and still be legal for Limited. Hmmm...

Not only that, but the uppers are interchangeable. Yep - I can shoot 9mm, .22, whatever - just by swapping the upper. Cool, no?

It gets better. I load my .40 rounds out to 1.185" OAL, which is a bit beyond the standard 1.125" for the .40 round. This handgun eats that just fine, apparently. In fact, I ordered magazines that are built for longer rounds. Very nice.

All this for $496. Not bad.

Going to the range tomorrow to run some rounds through it. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: