22 July 2005

The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die

10. Number FiveKeller's Drive-in Dallas


This guy can't be serious. Either he never actually ate at this place or he was under the influence of some mind altering drug when he did. I have eaten at Keller's hundreds of times since my Dad first threw me the keys to his Caddy and turned me lose to terrorize Dallas and burn all the rubber off the rear tires. Keller's is one of the few things in Dallas from a bygone era that hasn't been paved over and turned into a shopping mall or Starbuck's. It is an old style drive-in burger joint where you can hang out in the parking with your friends while eating and drink beer. The hamburgers are eatable. I'll even go as far to say they are good, but they aren't even the 10th best in Texas, let alone the nation. If you are in the Metroplex go over to Fort Worth and eat a burger at Kincaid's. It is the best I have ever had here or anywhere else for that matter.

No comments: