23 December 2004

My Best Friend


We took a road trip down to Austin today.
This is a pic of me, my best friend Jeff, and his wife Dani. Jeff had a brain-stem stroke this summer. That's a very bad thing. At the time, the doctors told Dani that he was "locked in," which meant he had full cerebral function (memory, personality, all ability to reason and process), but wouldn't be able to have any motor function, save moving his eyes, breathing, and other minor things. They didn't know my friend Jeff very well.

Today, we had barbecue from Schoepf's in Belton, TX, and laughed our butts off (I told him the aluminum foil the meat was wrapped in might give him brain damage. He said he needed that). Jeff showed off a little by standing up. We had a great visit, but I wish we'd had more time. He's gone WAY beyond what any of those veterinarians said he would do.

Merry Christmas, everyone. If you think there are no such things as miracles, drop Jeff a line at bodine@texas.net. He'll set you straight.

No comments: